The iLCD Manager XE is the integrated development environment (IDE) for setup, configuration, development and application test of the iLCDs. The IDE is an integral part of demmel products’ iLCD technology. With comfortable and intuitive usability, it accelerates the utilization of the iLCD features and helps developers focus on the application specific design to achieve the optimal solution under competitive conditions and at a reasonable time-to-market.
The iLCD Manager XE has provided fast and easy development of even complex LCD graphical applications for user interfaces with touch screens since the launch of the iLCD product family. Due to continual improvement, the IDE today includes a complete Java development environment, the iLCD Simulator and all the proven features which now can be realized in Java as well as with the high-level commands.
Both the Java development environment and the on-board Java Virtual Machine integrated in the iLCDs, represent a quantum leap in the market for intelligent displays. The iLCD Manager XE includes all the necessary tools: an editor, a compiler and a debugger to enable remote debugging of the Java application directly on the display via USB. There is no additional software or hardware required.
The iLCD Simulator enables the developer to test iLCD projects without having a panel physically connected. GUIs for all currently available iLCD panels can be simulated regardless of whether Java code is included or not. The simulation behaves exactly as would a “real” panel with all of its interfaces, inputs and outputs. Touch fields are activated with the mouse. A project executing in the simulator can be uploaded unchanged onto the iLCD hardware and vice versa, with no special measures required for simulation.
The integrated iLCD controller offers powerful and easy to learn high-level commands. Thanks to features such as Parameter Completion and Syntax Checking/Highlighting, no programming skills are required to design state-of-the-art graphical interfaces. Formatting text messages with Windows fonts, displaying static and animated graphics, drawing frames and lines and controlling the touch screen can be realized quickly and simply via USB, RS232, I²C, SPI, Ethernet interfaces.
iLCD Manager XE is available and can be downloaded royalty-free from our website.
- Convert, edit and anti-alias any Windows fonts
- Convert BMP, JPEG, GIF and animated GIF images
- Preview text and graphics, send a screen dump to the iLCD
- Create and edit text templates and macros
- Adjust the iLCD Controller's setup to your needs
- Download all data to the iLCD controller via RS232, USB or TCP/IP
- Update the iLCD controller's firmware
- iLCD Simulator for simulating all functions
- Comfortable terminal functions to test your iLCD panels
- State-of-the-art Windows layout with docking windows
- Parameter Completion for all Java and high-level commands
- Syntax Highlighting for enhanced code readability
- Syntax Checking for quickly tracking down errors
- Demos and sample projects for getting started with the command set incrementally
- Web-Update: Always work with the latest software and firmware versions
- Operating assistance via detailed hints for program and commands
- Simulation of all iLCD panel functionalities with the iLCD Simulator
- Creation HMIs by both, Java programming or usage of high-level commands