ADDRESSING THE SOFTWARE CHALLENGE OF EMBEDDED and IOT
Embedded technologies for IoT and Industry 4.0 based on cloud-ready 32-bit microcontrollers are rapidly improving in terms of costs, features and performance. However, as the need for embedded programming for IoT grows, companies still face software challenges.
Common IoT software platforms are not flexible enough to easily and rapidly adapt to real-world industrial environments, and it is hard to find embedded engineers with the right low level programming skills to overcome this issue. It’s time to introduce a new approach and right tools to the right players in the IoT domain.
Zerynth (www.zerynth.com) reaches beyond embedded engineers to also offer high-level programmers, product designers, web developer, and IoT system integrators a complete set of high-quality development tools to program microcontrollers and develop IoT solutions using Python.
THE ZERYNTH ECOSYSTEM
With Zerynth you can program in Python or hybrid C/Python language the most popular 32-bit microcontrollers, and connect them to the top Cloud infrastructures.
The Zerynth Ecosystem:
- Zerynth Studio: a free, cross-platform, powerful IDE and a Toolchain for developing Python or hybrid C/Python applications and managing boards. It includes a compiler, debugger and an editor, alongside tutorials and example projects for an easy learning experience.
- Zerynth Virtual Machine: a multithreaded real-time OS (RTOS) that provides hardware independence and code reuse on 32-bit microcontrollers, in just 60-80kB Flash and 3-5kB RAM. The VM supports most high-level features of Python like modules, classes, multi-threading, callback, timers and exceptions. In addition to these, it allows to use custom hardware-related features like interrupts, PWM and digital I/O. RTOS threads written in C can live along the VM allowing for a mixed C/Python real-time environment. This kind of “hybrid” programming is extremely powerful in scenarios where the project needs low-level code for time critical tasks while keeping Python flexibility and readability for non-time critical sections.
Zerynth ADM: an Advanced Device Manager to simplify device provisioning, Firmware Over-The-Air updates, and Remote Procedure Calls. It is compatible with many Cloud providers, such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, IBM Bluemix, Google Cloud IoT and many others.
- Zerynth App: a mobile app to monitor and control Zerynth powered devices through fully customizable HTML/JS Graphical User Interface. Available for Android and
- Python + C: Python and C blended together for efficient development
- Tiny Footprint: Zerynth requires just 60k-80kB of Flash and 3-5kB of RAM
- REAL-TIME: Integrates the RTOS of your choice with multithreading support
- Connectivity: Integration with top Cloud services and Firmware Over-The-Air updates
- Trusted: Zerynth is an official Third-Party Development Tool of Microchip, Mikroelektronika, Hexiwear (by NXP) and Espressif Systems. The system is also compatible with chips from ST Microelectronics, Nordic and cloud services like Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, IBM Bluemix, Google Cloud IoT
- Versatile: Zerynth is used by companies and professionals in manufacturing, retail, robotics, home automation and all other market sectors where the IoT will play the leading role.
- Batteries included: Unlike other IoT development platforms, Zerynth provides a complete “ecosystem” of tools that allow developers to go from the firmware development to the cloud connection, with just a few clicks.
- Easy and powerful: Zerynth offers the benefits of microprocessor-based boards (Python language and Multithreading support) along with the great advantages of microcontroller-based boards (lower power, lower costs, small size).
Exhibitor videoPlay video
ZERYNTH offers you products from these product groups:
- system software (404)
- Tools (487)
- Services (614)