The FerriSSD® is designed optimally for a wide range of embedded applications requiring faster access, small form factor and reliable SATA/PATA storage. By combining industry proven controller technology, NAND flash and passive components into a single BGA package with 1.0mm ball-pitch size, FerriSSD® simplifies design efforts, reduces time-to-market while protecting from NAND technology migration concerns. FerriSSD® also comes with advanced firmware features as well as the provision for customized firmware – enabling highly reliable and differentiable storage solutions.
The FerriSSD® family consists of the latest SM619 and SM659 series featuring SATA 6Gb/s transfer rate with embedded DRAM to enhance data storage efficiency and high random read/write IOPS of up to 75,000. Also available in the family are the SM651/SM631/SM611 SATA 3Gb/s series as well as the SM621/SM641/SM601 PATA series single-package SSDs. All FerriSSD® series support SLC, SLCmode™ and MLC NAND flash options.
Easy to use
• Plug & Play only requires format/fdisk prior to use
• Small footprint for space-limited design
Lower total cost of ownership
• Rugged & Reliable (no moving parts)
• Eliminate requalification cost from NAND generation change
• Cost saving with low density FerriSSD, HDD are typically > 160GB capacity
Eliminate down time
• Supports self-monitoring, analysis and reporting technology commands (S.M.A.R.T.)
• Field programmable firmware available
Embedded applications that are currently using HDD but require only small density can migrate to FerriSSD® for customizable density with a small form factor !
- Telecom & Server
- Multifunction Printer
- POS & Kiosk
- Testing Instrument
- Ind. Handheld Device
- HMI & Thin Client
- Ind. / Embedded MB
- In-Vehicle Infotainment