altec Full Metal Stick Hermetic Military – Designed to be safe
Conventional USB sticks are completely unsuitable for reliable data storage under extreme environmental conditions. They cannot withstand the increased mechanical requirements and are above all intended for a typical office environment. For this reason, altec ComputerSysteme has been successfully developing and marketing practically indestructible flash memory solutions for industrial and military applications for more than 20 years.
The altec “Full Metal Stick Hermetic Military” was developed to withstand the toughest environmental conditions as a compact and mobile data storage device. It is typically used in avionics and aerospace applications, by the military and in heavy industry. In other words, wherever your data needs perfect protection against physical and mechanical destruction.
The altec “Full Metal Stick Hermetic Military” is resistant to practically any environmental danger. The case of solid aluminium encloses and protects the core, and a special sealing compound hermetically seals the sensitive electronic components within. The low viscosity sealing compound penetrates the smallest cavities, e.g. between the printed circuit board and the SMD components, and ensures an optimum mechanical bond. There are no air inclusions and thus no problems due to local hotspots, loosening of components and cracks. Accordingly, the altec “Full Metal Stick Hermetic Military” is very resistant to moisture, pressure and temperature changes. The full encapsulation of the electronic circuits and the perfect mechanical bond to the enclosing case protects your data reliably against liquids, dust, dirt, shock and vibration.
Options and Features
The “Full Metal Stick Hermetic Military” is also a very flexible data storage system with numerous configuration options. In addition to a range of cases with different designs e.g. a form protected against polarity reversal, colours and labelling, the configuration of specific identifiers (e.g. product ID, vendor ID) is also possible. altec also offers support for long product cycles with EOL (End of life), PCN (Product change notice) and BOM (Bill of materials) as required by the ISO 9001 quality assurance guidelines.
To ensure the highest quality and maximum reliability, each “Full Metal Stick Hermetic Military” is tested against the specifications in an environmental chamber before shipping, and is supplied with an individual test report.
– Interface: USB 2.0 Hi-Speed interface downwards compatible to USB 1.1
– Capacities: 4, 8, 16, 32*, 64** GB, other on request ( NAND Flash Types: *SLC up to 32 GB, **MLC up to 64 GB)
– DC Input Voltage: 5 Volt ±10%
– SLC Power Consumption: approx. 25 mA standby, approx. 65 mA read, approx. 65 mA write
– MLC Power Consumption: approx. 25 mA standby, approx. 65 mA read, approx. 80 mA write
– Temperature: 0° to +70° C (operating), -40° to +85° C (non-operating) – other on request
– Humidity: 8% to 95%, non-condensing
– Shock (operating): min. 500 G
– Vibration (operating): MIL-STD-810F, Part 15, Category 8
Transfer Rates (1 kB = 1024 Bytes; 1 MB = 1024 * 1024 Bytes):
– SLC Read: 7 MB/s (4 kB), 31 MB/s (64 kB)
– SLC Write: 7 MB/s (4 kB), 23 MB/s (64 kB)
– MLC Read: 7 MB/s (4 kB), 31 MB/s (64 kB)
– MLC Write: 7 MB/s (4 kB), 19 MB/s (64 kB)
altec ComputerSysteme GmbH is ISO 9001:2008 certified
Made in Germany