The 203x range of smart Li Ion battery packs is designed for use in handheld equipment. In particular, the 2-cell wide format allows these battery packs to be designed into the handle of a “pistol-grip” style device. When used in this manner, the always-on LCD fuel gauge provides the user with instant battery status with a glance at the base of the handgrip.
“For some time, our customers have been requesting smaller battery packs for handheld devices, so we created the 2-cell NB2037 specifically to meet this demand. We also needed a more robust solution to the old ND1027 design which is 2-cells wide and two cells long, so we created the ND2037. It was then just a small step to the creation of the whole product range based around a two-cell common cross-section.” said Lex Jacobs, Inspired Energy’s Managing Director.
The launch of the 203x product range compliments Inspired Energy’s 202x, 204x, 205x ranges of high energy-density battery packs and their “P”Series, high Power density products. All 203x range products are tested to IEC62133, and carry the CE & FCC marks for emissions and immunity. These products are also part of the Rechargeable Battery Recycling Corporation “Call-to-Recycle” program which provides local recycling points throughout North America.
The 203x range includes the following standard, smart battery designs:
- NB2037HD29: 2-cell, 2S1P, 7.2V, 2.9Ah, 21Wh. 3A max current discharge
- ND2037HD29: 4-cell, 2S2P, 7.2V, 5.8Ah, 41Wh. 8A max current discharge
- ND2034HD29: 4-cell, 4S1P, 14.4V, 2.9Ah, 41Wh. 4A max current discharge
- NF2030HD29: 6-cell, 3S2P, 10.8V, 5.8Ah, 62Wh. 8A max current discharge
All Inspired Energy battery Lithium Ion packs have been tested to the UN/DOT transportation requirements and may be shipped as regular cargo. Inspired Energy’s world-leading standard battery portfolio is now expanded to 22 models with more than 100 different versions available. This represents the world’s largest offering of off-the-shelf battery designs, and gives the device designer the widest possible choice of battery sizes & shapes, each with differing capacities, battery voltages, and maximum discharge currents at differing price points.
The 203x product range takes advantage of the following advances in battery technology:
- The latest 2.9Ah Li Ion 18650 cells for longer runtimes in smaller, lighter packages.
- Impedance-tracking fuel gauge chips for more accurate fuel gauging with minimal recalibration.
- Primary and secondary electronic protection with multiple-redundant passive cell protection for enhanced product performance and safety.
- High strength, ultrasonically welded polycarbonate cases for greater ruggedness.
The 203x range is fully compatible with Inspired Energy’s “CH” range of desktop chargers which are available as 1-bay, 2-bay, 4-bay or 6-bay versions.