The 205x family includes 11 new battery models between 35 and 95 watt hours, with voltages from 3.6V up to 14.4V. All feature the same, tried, tested & trusted Inspired Energy System Management Bus (SMBus) communications system and conform to the Smart Battery Data Specification (SBDS). All are fully compatible with the entire range of Inspired Energy desktop chargers.
Based on the already highly successful 204x family – of which more than 500,000 have been sold – the 205x range differs in two key ways:
•They share an oval cross-section based upon 4 Lithium ion cells side-by-side. (Compared to the 3-cell cross-section of the 204x products.)
•They offer increased wall thickness, new high-impact case materials & ruggedized construction to enable use in more demanding portable applications.
Inspired Energy Managing Director, Lex Jacobs said “We surveyed our customer feedback, reviewed new emerging market segments and discovered an opportunity - Our customers were taking our battery packs out from inside delicate electronic equipment for which they were designed, and deploying them in more extreme environments. At the same time we were seeing increasing numbers of aftermarket sales of field
replacements for products being used in extreme environments. For these new products we therefore created smart batteries with increased ruggedness without sacrificing size or weight.”
The 205x range is based on cell arrays of 4, 8 and 12-cells:
4-cell, 35Wh, 220g (8oz) options include:
- ND2053 : 3.6V, 9.6Ah , 1 Series – 4 Parallel cell array for embedded circuit board backup applications and for handheld LED lighting.
- ND2057 : 7.2V 4.8Ah , 2S-2P array for low voltage handheld electronic devices & LED lighting systems.
- ND2054: 14.4V, 2.4Ah 4S-1P array for use in handheld electronic devices.
- NH2057: 7.2V, 9.6Ah, 2S-4P array for mobile electronic devices.
- NH2054: 14.4V, 4.8Ah, 4S-2P array for mobile electronics and small robotics applications.
- NL2050: 10.8V, 8.8Ah, 3S-4P array for high energy portable electronics
- NL2054: 14.4V, 6.6Ah 4S-3P array for high energy portable electronics and robotics.