C++test from Parasoft is an integrated toolkit for C and C++ development and test that supports a broad range of best practices proven to improve software development team productivity, software quality quality and standards compliance (ISO 26262 & ASIL, IEC 61508 & SIL, IEC 62304 & FDA, DO-178B, EN 50128, MISRA, MISRA 2004, MISRA C++ 2008, and more).
Parasoft C++test enables teams to produce better code, test it more efficiently, and consistently monitor progress towards their quality goals. With C++test, critical time-proven best practices—such as static analysis, comprehensive code review, memory monitoring, unit and component testing with integrated coverage analysis—are automated on the developer’s desktop, early in the development cycle. A command line interface enables fully automated execution within regression and continuous integration environments, providing data for monitoring and analyzing quality trends. Moreover, C++test integrates with Parasoft’s Concerto, which provides interactive Web-based dashboards with drill-down capability. This allows teams to track project status and trends based on C++test results and other key process metrics.
For embedded and cross-platform development, C++test can be used in both host-based and target-based code analysis and test flows.
- Increase team development productivity - Apply a comprehensive set of best practices that reduce testing time, testing effort, and the number of defects that reach QA.
- Achieve more with existing development resources - Automatically vet known coding issues so more time can be dedicated to tasks that require human intelligence.
- Build on the code base with confidence - Efficiently construct, continuously execute, and maintain a comprehensive regression test suite that detects whether updates break existing functionality.
- Gain instant visibility into C and C++ code quality and readiness - Access on-demand objective code assessments and track progress towards quality and schedule targets.
- Reduce support costs - Automate negative testing on a broad range of potential user paths to uncover problems that might otherwise surface only in "real-world" usage.
- Static analysis - static code analysis, data flow static analysis, and metrics analysis
- Peer code review process automation - preparation, notification, and tracking
- Unit/component testing - test generation & execution on the host, simulator, or target
- Code coverage analysis - supporting multiple levels of DO-178B
- Runtime error detection - memory access errors, leaks, corruptions, and more