The Modeling Assistant for Enterprise Architect is a plugin-based Enterprise Architect extension, where the particular plugins are developed to assist you while working with EA and to decrease modeling effort by improving existing features and make it even more comfortable as it already is.
We distinguish different kinds of plugin categories:
• Connector Style Assistant (CS Assistant): The plugin allows you changing the style of multiple connectors at once. The current version supports setting the line routing style, the line color and the line thickness. Various filters allow you selecting different ranges of connectors to which the style settings will be applied.
• Move Diagram Elements into Package: This plugin provides the facility to select elements
from the diagram and move them directly into a selected package in the project browser,
without searching the element in the project browser and move the elements within the
• Package Dependency Generator: This plugin allows you to discover your models and better understand them by automatically generate dependencies between your model packages. A diagram is generated showing you which package is dependent on which package. A dependency is at hand when referring from one element to another element – both contained in a different package.
• Element Suggestion Window: This plugin suggests an existing element with a similar name
from your repository, when you create a new element. This helps to prevent creating the
same or a similar element multiple times. This is especially helpful in bigger models
maintained by multiple persons. However, it also helps you if you are working alone on an
existing model to reuse an existing element without searching it within the project bworser.
• Element Delete Control: This plugin calculates the impact caused by an element deletion,
before the element is definitely deleted. You are informed e.g. that the element is used as a
type of an attribute and is linked to 5 other elements and occurs in 7 diagrams.
• Metamodel Generator: This plugin generated a domain specific metamodel for the current
model in the repository. This helps to understand the structure of your current repository
and can be used to create a reference metamodel to define modeling rules.
• Composite Diagram Forward: This plugin automatically opens the diagram of a composite
element, when you double click on an element, which type (classifier) is a composite
element. Hence, when you click on an element, you see the diagram which is linked by its type. This is powerful when you have a lot of type relations in your model, like Ports and
• Automatic Connector-Style Application: This plugin provides the possibility to configure
connector style information for a combination of connector-type, diagram-type, source and
target element and all stereotypes, respectively. If this plugin is active and the user creates a
link which is in the style configuration list, the configured style is automatically applied to the