Cantata dynamically proves C/C++ code with intelligent unit and integration testing, in the most cost effective manner. It provides a complete test development environment, built on Eclipse, and it integrates easily with developer desktop compilers and embedded target platforms. Cantata has been successfully used by customers worldwide since the 1990s to meet the main international safety-related standards.
Cantata has been independently certified as usable in the development of safety-related software, at the highest integrity level, for:
- ISO 26262
- EN 50128
- IEC 62304/FDA
- IEC 61508
- IEC 60880
QA Systems provide free Cantata tool certification kits and tool qualification kits for the above standards.
Cantata has also been successfully qualified many times to DO-178B (levels A and B) avionics projects.
- Cantata’s Built-on-Eclipse IDE and Eclipse-Ready plug-ins provide a complete environment for the creation, execution, and analysis of tests in C/C++ language.
- Powerful built-in EDG C/C++ parser generates a detailed understanding of code for test script generation.
- Preferences for the appearance of all views, reports, installation details, test script generation, testability and coverage instrumentation can be saved in user-specific configurations.
- 300+ Static code metrics provide help with planning the most efficient tests.
- AutoTest legacy code creating complete path coverage unit regression tests for existing code base to safely modify it.
- Flexible test harness for black-box, white-box, parameterised tests, object oriented, automatic global data checking, and robustness tests.
- Unique Call Interface Control (both simulation and interception) makes it simple to test the application interfaces with the rest of the system.
- ntegrated C/C++ and Java code coverage and test optimization pinpoints gaps and efficiently directs test efforts.
- Automated repeatable execution through Cantata Makefiles retains value of tests whenever code is built.
- Results and diagnostics are used for rapid error-identification and to support certification