As special function the W5500 supports a power down mode and Wake-on-LAN (WoL).
The controller-interface (up to 80 MHz SPI) supports data rates up to 10MBits/s.
Open source drivers and examples for different μC-platforms are available. No operating system is needed even for WEB-, FTP- or DHCP-client or server.
- Hardwired TCP/IP:
- TCP, UDP, ICMP, IGMP, IPv4, ARP, Ethernet
- Up to 8 independent sockets simultaneously
- Supports hybrid TCP/IP stack for software protocols
- Internal 32K Bytes Dual-Port-RAM (TX/RX buffer)
- Embedded Ethernet-MAC:
- IEEE 802.3 (10Base-T) und 802.3u (100Base-TX)
- Connection PPPoE protocol with PAP/CHAP authentication mode for ADSL
- Embedded 10BaseT/100BaseTX PHY:
- Auto Negotiation for full- and half-duplex
- Fast Serial Peripheral Interface for SPI-mode 0 and 3
- Up to 10MBit/s thruput at application layer
- LED outputs: full-/half-duplex, link, speed
- 3.3V operation with 5V I/O signal tolerance
- Power Down mode: 13mA typical
- Provides WoL (Wake on LAN)
- Temperature range: -40°C to 85°C
- Small 48 Pin LQFP Package