DM9163 is an enhanced version of DM9162 focusing on industrial applications
Its main advantages are:
- 50MHz clock out at RMII applications which can save BOM cost and design efforts at the system designer
- 8kV isolation voltage
- 3.3V transformer at CT
DM9163 is backward compatible to DM9161A and DM9162.
It contains the entire physical layer functions of 100BASE-TX as defined by IEEE802.3u:
- Pysical Coding Sublayer (PCS)
- Physical Medium Attachement (PMA)
- Twisted Pair Physical Medium Dependent Sublayer (TP-PMD)
- 10Base-TX Encoder/Decoder (ENC/DEC)
- Twisted Pair Media Access Unit (TPMAU)
Furthermore, due to the built-in wave shaping filter, the DM9163 needs no external filter to transport signals to the media in 100BASE-TX or 10BASE-T Ethernet operation.