Extended device life-time, high-speed performance, optimized data reliability and power fail safety, reduced system costs
hyMap® is Hyperstone's new enhanced FTL (flash translation layer) mapping approach which improves random write performances, reliability, and endurance significantly. hyMap® permits using cost-efficient MLC flashes where SLC might have been inevitable before.
- Lower NAND flash wear-out
- Extened device life time
- Enabling MLC Flashes for industrial storage applications
- High-speed performance, especially for small files and fragmented user data
- Improved Power-Fail robustness
- Lower random-write WAF (Write Amplification Factor)
- Higher Random-Write IOPS (Input/output per second)
- Optimal Interleaving
- No external DRAM/SRAM required
Together with Hyperstone’s proprietary hyReliability™ feature set, hyMap® provides enhanced endurance, data retention management, as well as rigorous fail-safe features mandatory for industrial applications.
hyMap® will be available for Hyperstone’s S8 - SD/MMC and U8 - USB Flash Memory Controllers and all future Hyperstone products.