Regarding to Embedded Linux system development emlix core competencies are
- (open source) software architecture specific for industrial purposes
- platform development based on open source software
- embedded Linux boot loader, kernel and driver development
- integration of system-relevant tools and libraries
- board bring-up of customer specific hardware
- data security and manipulation protection
- remote update concepts
- application development
- maintenance and support
For applications in the area of control and regulation, we analyze the time behavior and put various real time extensions to use. Fieldbus, radio, audio and video requirements are supported through the integration and adaptation of the relevant drivers and subsystems.
The easy maintenance of all developments and configurations is ensured by our integrated software management and build system e2factory.
In the majority of projects a reference design from a manufacturer is initially utilized. In further stages, the base software system put together for this is then ported to the hardware developed specifically for the customer.
When putting such boards into operation, emlix benefits from profound hardware and hardware-related knowledge that is in part unspecific and is the result of many years of experience. But our specialists also have very specific knowledge regarding particular processor families where these have already been used in other projects or in pre-evaluations performed internally by emlix.