Universal Debug Engine (UDE) is a widely used debug, test and analysis tool for a broad range of microcontroller architectures including AURIX/TriCore, Power Architecture, ARM/Cortex, XC2000/XE166.
Multi-core debugging and trace
• Easy selection of cores and functional units for debugging including Generic Timer Module (GTM) and Hardware Security Module (HSM)
• Convenient application overview at any time supported by core perspectives and core specific coloring
• Exact distribution of binary patterns and symbol information to cores by multi program and multi-core loader
• Customizable run-control groups in order to synchronize start, stop, and single stepping for debugging multiple cores in parallel.
• General overview and in-depth data values by capturing and visualization of different trace sources
• Easy configuration of on-chip trace filter and trigger logic by Universal Emulation Configurator (UEC)
• Persistent trace streams for offline analysis of trace data
Trace data analysis at system level
• Find bottlenecks in the application very quickly by aid of profiling charts and reports
• Code coverage analysis helps to ensure software quality and to fulfill requirements of the ISO26262 standard.
• Code coverage is based exclusively on code trace. No instrumentation is required. Together with a compiler extension exact branch coverage is also possible for highly optimized code.
• Quick overview about application behavior by execution sequence diagram based on code trace
• Easy identification of trends for application values using a graphical chart based on data trace
Comprehensive software object model
• Automation of debug and test tasks by third party tools and using internal macros or external scripts
• All functional features of the UDE are useable for automation.
• COM based API allow use of non-proprietary languages like Perl, Python, Java, VB Script, Power Shell, C/C++ and .NET implementations.
Compiler and RTOS support, Eclipse integration
• Support for C/C++ cross compilers from different vendors:
• Hightec/GNU, Tasking, Keil, ARM, Wind River, Green Hills…
• Awareness of various RTOS like PXROS, CMX, ìC/OSII, rcX, OSEK, FreeRTOS and SafeRTOS
• Eclipse plug-in for UDE offers complete cross debugger functionality. Eclipse 4.2 (Juno), 4.3 (Kepler), 4.4 (Luna) and 4.5 (Mars) supported.
Target interfaces and hosts
• UDE is frontend for PLS' Universal Access Device family: UAD2pro, UAD2+, UAD3+.
• UDE is also frontend for several simulators like TSim (Infineon), Virtual Prototype (Synopsys) and other.
• Hosts: Windows 7/8/10 (32 and 64 bit) including plug-and-play device drivers for Universal Access Device family