NI VeriStand is a software environment for configuring real-time testing applications. Out of the box, NI VeriStand helps you configure a multicore-ready real-time engine to execute tasks that include the following:
- Real-time stimulus generation
- Analog, digital, and communication bus interfaces
- Field-programmable gate array (FPGA)-based I/O interfaces
- Calculated channels
- Triggerable, multifile data logging
- Event alarming and alarm response routines
NI VeriStand can also import control algorithms, simulation models, and other tasks from NI LabVIEW software and third-party environments. You can monitor and interact with these tasks using a run-time editable user interface that includes many useful tools for value forcing, alarm monitoring, I/O calibration, and stimulus profile editing. Although no programming knowledge is required to use NI VeriStand, you can customize and extend it using a variety of software environments such as LabVIEW, ANSI C/C++, and others for modeling and programming.