Key Hardware Features include:
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Host, EHCI compatible, single port IC
- Supports multiple bus interfaces, 8-bit or 16-bit bus for GPIO, SRAM or NOR Flash
- Supports Bulk, Isochronous, Control and Interrupt transfers
- Split transaction support for external USB hubs
- Single power supply operation at 3.3V
- 1.8V, 2.5V and 3.3V IO levels supported
- 24kB high speed RAM memory
- Battery Charger Emulation (BCD 1.2) to allow downstream devices to request higher currents
- Extended operating temperature range: -40°C to 85°C
- Available in Pb-free QFN-64, LQFP-64 and TQFP-64 packages (RoHS compliant).
- Connect memory sticks for high performance data transfers
- Set top box file playback
- Digital photo frames
- Firmware upgrades
- Industrial system analysis
- Enable connection of a communication class device for system expansion and connectivity
- Hosting RFID readers
- Hosting Wi-Fi dongles
- Hosting Zigbee dongles
- Establishing high speed data link between end-equipment subsystems.
Visit us at Embedded World 2014, Stand 4A-328 or visit our website, www.ftdichip.com for more information.