The embedded evolution continues with x86 CPU, integrated discrete-class GPU and i/o controller on the same die
The AMD Embedded G-Series SOC platform is a high-performance, low-power System-on-Chip (SOC) design, featured with enterprise- class error-correction code (ECC) memory support, dual and quad- core variants, integrated discrete-class GPU and I/O controller on the same die.
The AMD G-Series SOC achieves superior performance per watt in the low-power x86 microprocessor class of products when running multiple industry standard benchmarks. This helps enable the delivery of an exceptional HD multimedia experience and provides a heterogeneous computing platform for parallel processing. The small-footprint, ECC- capable SOC sets the new foundation for a power-efficient platform for content-rich multimedia processing and workload processing that is well-suited for a broad variety of embedded applications.
Superior Performance Per Watt.
The AMD Embedded G-Series SOC platform delivers an exceptionally high-definition visual experience and the ability to take advantage of heterogeneous computing while maintaining a low-power design.
- AMD G-Series SOC’s next-generation “Jaguar” based CPU offers 113% improved CPU performance vs. AMD G-Series APU and greater than a 2x (125%) advantage vs. Intel Atom when running multiple industry-standard compute-intensive benchmarks.
- AMD G-Series SOC’s advanced GPU, supporting DirectX® 11.1, OpenGL 4.2 and OpenCL™ 1.2, enables parallel processing and high-performance graphics processing that provides up to 20% improvement vs. AMD G-Series APU and a 5x (430%) advantage vs. Intel Atom when running multiple industry-standard graphics-intensive benchmarks.
- Excellent compute and graphics performance with enhanced hardware acceleration delivers up to 70% overall improvement vs. AMD G-Series APU and over 3x (218%) the overall performance advantage vs. Intel Atom in embedded applications when running multiple industry- standard compute- and graphics-intensive benchmarks.
Enabling Low-Power, Innovative Small Form Factor Designs.
The AMD G-Series SOC is a small footprint and low-power solution that reduces overall system costs.
- The SOC design offers 33% footprint reduction compared to AMD G-Series APU two-chip platform, simplifying design with fewer board layers and simplified power supply.
- AMD G-Series SOC enables fan-less design that further helps drive down system cost and enhance system reliability by eliminating moving parts.
- With an array of performance options and universal pin compatibility across the AMD G-Series SOC portfolio, the AMD G-Series SOC platform allows OEMs to utilize a single board design to enable solutions from entry-level to high-end.
- The SOC design enables new levels of performance in small SBC (single board computer) and COMs (computer-on-modules) form factors.
- AMD G-Series SOCs support Thermal Design Profiles (TDPs) from 5W to 25W, and offer dynamically configurable TDP capabilities.
Optimizing Business Value.
The AMD Embedded G-Series SOC platform brings performance and efficiency with desirable features, delivering lower TCO and higher ROI.
More information: http://www.amd.com/Documents/AMDGSeriesSOCProductBrief.pdf