Secure Appliance: Modular system for customised industrial security solutions
Industrial security plays a key role in the implementation of new production and business models in the Industrie 4.0 environment. Janz Tec now offers the Secure Appliance as a platform solution, which was developed with maximum data protection in mind. Its modular architecture allows a flexible and custom-made system. Connectors to different enterprise platforms and industrial interfaces enable seamless integration into any IT landscape. Secure Appliance solutions at different security levels are available for all current Janz Tec systems.
The entry, processing and preparation of data in a global network, accessible 24/7, is increasingly becoming an integral part of our new production models. A Secure Appliance offers key security features that help minimise data risks. The system acts as a link for your IT infrastructure and provides secure and reliable access to production data and applications anywhere.
Hardware and software modules – customised to your requirements
Based on a modular system, customers can select hardware and software modules suitable for their specific application. Modular add-ons, i.e. hardware modules, enhance a system’s communication abilities to include channels such as WLAN, mobile or satellite communication. Suitable security measures, which prevent tampering by unauthorised persons, can also be integrated into publicly accessible systems.
Our Secure Appliance software is also modular. Various communication and security components can be used depending on your requirements. They enable encrypted data transfer, highly granular management of application and service authorisations or device location checks. A core module is our anti-tamper mechanism.
Industrial security features – maximum security at the heart of our system
Companies can select suitable modules from the security features listed below:
- Tamper Protection: The appliance detects unauthorized access to device electronics and tampering activity.
- Remote AAA Infrastructure: Use your company’s authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA) infrastructure to control access to appliances and their resources – even when offline.
- Encrypted communication: Data in transit is encrypted using state-of-the-art technology and protocols.
- Secure storage: Data at rest is always encrypted to provide a safe haven for your data.
- High Assurance Boot: To prevent tampering, the device only executes signed and certified software.
- Secure multi-channel network access: Access to local networks or the internet is provided through different channels (Landline, LTE, UMTS etc.), subject to availability.
- Location control: The device can only be operated at the intended location, preventing unauthorized transport and abuse.
- Remote access and configuration: The secure appliance can be monitored and configured from your headquarters, regardless of its location.
Industrial communication modules – the simple connection between machines and IT infrastructures
Besides data security, Janz Tec also offers ready-made modules and processes for secure appliances, making it much easier for data to be exchanged between machines and different enterprise platforms, thus enabling machine data to be easily integrated into existing IT landscapes. The key component of this solution is an application which is responsible for the conversion and processing of machine data. This application can establish links to different sensors, SPS systems, standard bus systems and different enterprise platforms via connector modules. Thus, machine, plant, and vehicle data can be easily integrated into existing IT infrastructures where they can be collected and analysed. This not only makes it easier to visualise this data, but enables the application of powerful enterprise platform optimisation tools to production environment data.
Further information: https://www.janztec.com/en/products/secure-appliance/