The FPS26 32-bit processor core IP is aimed at high performance embedded system-on-chip (SoC) applications such as motor control, power control, MIMO baseband processing, complex gesture recognition or solar inverters. The FPS6 is optimised for efficient floating point and integer computation.
The FPS26 CPU starts at around 35 kgates which is considerably smaller than most other floating point microcontrollers. The core design is optimised for high throughput and is capable of over 350 MHz with 90 nm geometries. The FPS26 offers 30.2 MFLOPS (single precision Linpack benchmark) at 333 MHz. The FPS26 can be used in dual- or multi-core configurations or in heterogeneous systems with other APS cores. The core supports the AXI4-Lite bus.
The core is supported with peripherals, bridges, software development tools and real time operating systems.
The FPS26 is the smart choice for embedded applications that require good floating point performance.
- 32-bit modern RISC architecture
- Single precision IEEE floating point
- Designed for C/C++
- 16 registers
- Up to 256 interrupts with up to 16 priority levels
- From 35 kgates
- 4 GB addressing
- 2.28 DMIPS/MHz
- 2.52 CoreMarks/MHz
- 30.2 MFLOPS (Linpack) @ 333 MHz
- AXI4-Lite Bus
- Max clock frequency: 392 MHz, 90 nm
- Dynamic power: 37 µW/MHz, 90 nm
- Standard peripherals (timers, counters, I2C, SPI, UART, GPIO, etc)
- Ethernet 10/100, USB 2.0 and USB OTG peripherals
- Optional instruction and data caches
- Latency free interface to and from AHB Lite and to APB
- Eclipse-based IDE
- Ports of FreeRTOS, OpenRTOS, Micrium µC/OS and µC Linux
- Industrial automation
- Motor control
- Advanced sensing applications
- MIMO baseband processing
- Advanced gesture recognition for man machine interface
- Energy management
- Smart Grid applications