MEN Mikro Elektronik – Profile and Mission
Embedded Solutions – Rugged Computer Boards and Systems for Harsh, Mobile and Mission-Critical Environments
Since its founding in 1982, MEN Mikro Elektronik has focused on innovation, reliability and flexibility to develop and produce standard and custom computing solutions that employ the highest technology levels. The company – with more than 250 employees worldwide – provides a robust offering of highly reliable embedded COTS boards and devices widely used in extreme environmental conditions found in industrial and safety-critical applications.
MEN Mikro Elektronik’s product offering comprises a huge selection of:
- CompactPCI / PlusIO, CompactPCI Serial and VMEbus boards and 19” systems
- Standardized computer-on-modules with carrier board development support
- Standardized mezzanine I/O cards to complete system functionality
- Ethernet and fieldbus network interfaces, switches, routers and gateways
- Scalable box PCs and panel PCs with easy adaptation capabilities
- Safe computers certifiable up to SIL 4 and DAL-A
For individual requirements, starting with development through design-in and beyond, MEN provides its customers with advice and support as well as with system design, configuration and environmental qualification in accordance with industry standards.
The company’s core competencies encompass x86 and RISC processor architectures, development rules for safe applications, analog I/O design, FPGA technology and Windows, Linux and real-time operating systems. Additional expertise includes RAMS and obsolescence management as well as the development of computing hardware for operation in harsh and extreme environmental conditions.
MEN Mikro Elektronik’s computer solutions are used in harsh mission- and safety-critical environments found in the transportation (rail, road, air, sea) and industrial (automation, power & energy, medical) markets.
The company is certified to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 (environment), EN 9100 (aerospace) and IRIS (railway) quality management systems, provides systems according to ISO 7637-2 (road traffic) requirements and is a member of several industry associations, consortiums and alliances, including VITA and PICMG.
MEN Mikro Elektronik GmbH offers you products from these product groups:
- Computer and peripheral modules (612)
- Wired und wireless modules (315)
- Man-machine interface modules (287)
- Systems for various applications (349)
- Modules (1013)