The ChipWhisperer-Pro (CW1200) is an update to the ChipWhisperer-Lite, with a larger FPGA (almost 5x larger) giving even more features like a larger storage buffer (98K smaples), real-time streaming mode (unlimited samples at 10MS/s), SPI/UART-based data trigger, and a real-time pattern matching trigger which looks for templates in your analog waveform.
It also adds the physical characteristics you would expect from a piece of test gear - from over-voltage protection on inputs, to a robust aluminum enclosure, to a touch-screen LCD providing real-time feedback without needing to scroll through menus on your computer.
The analog front-end uses our proven OpenADC architecture, with the same adjustable gain and 10-bit ADC in the ChipWhisperer-Lite architecture. Improvements to shielding in this design mean a slight improvement to the SNR and SFDR compared to the ChipWhisperer-Lite.
These features make it a high-end device suitable for laboratory use.
Compared to the ChipWhisperer-Lite/2-part version the ChipWhisperer-Pro features:
• 98K-sample buffer (compared to 24K-sample with CW-Lite).
• Streaming mode for almost unlimited capture (>10M/sample) when sampling at 10MS/s or slower.
• Trigger on analog pattern (SAD match).
• Advanced I/O trigger (trigger on UART, SPI).
The hardware design of the CW1200 can be considerably expanded, meaning additional features can be added.
This bundle includes everything you need to get started, including:
• Advanced Breakout Board (voltage translation).
• Probe set with Power Supply (Differential probe + LNA + H-Field probe).
• CW308 UFO Board Kit (STM32F3 & XMEGA Targets, jumper wires, etc.) (NEW: Boards now come with ARM target instead of AVR)
• 3 Additional Blank Target Boards with Header Pins.
• SMA-BNC Cable
• SMA-SMA Cables
• High-Pass and Low-Pass filters that screw onto front-end of CW1200.
NewAE Technology Inc. is a Canadian company located in Halifax, Nova Scotia, started by Colin O’Flynn and Hilary Taylor. We have a wide range of experience in embedded design work, including everything from multi-layer PCB design to small IPv6 networking stacks to embedded security. Our diverse background has allowed us to develop the ground-breaking ChipWhisperer® system.
Securing hardware is hard. Not only are there the usual range of attack vectors that haunts software products, there is even more attack vectors. But the lack of simple and low-cost tools that can be used for testing and training has made it difficult to understand these attack vectors. The ChipWhisperer® system aims to fix this, by releasing an entirely open-source toolchain for performing attacks such as power analysis and clock or power glitching.
We manufacture and sell our own products, including the ChipWhisperer® and OpenADC™. Many of our products are made right here in Nova Scotia by local contractors, and all final assembly and testing is done by NewAE Technology Inc. to ensure a consistent quality.