From staying up-to-date on the latest standards to managing all of the associated data, complying with functional safety requirements has traditionally been a time-consuming, manual effort. Cadence is transforming this process by automating fault injection and result analysis for intellectual property (IP), system-on-chip (SoC), and system designs.
Built on the proven Cadence® Incisive® verification platform, our end-to-end functional safety solution reduces the automotive ISO 26262 compliance effort by 50%. The solution is available as part of the Cadence System Development Suite.
Safety Analysis to Measure Continuous Operation
Meeting functional safety requirements calls for:
▪ Checkers, which monitor the systems and trigger error recovery features when necessary
▪ Redundancy, which provides continuous function in the event of errors
For their part, safety engineers must implement requirements tracing from the system level to implementation, and ensure that their development flow enables them to achieve the needed tool confidence level (TCL). Functional verification should take place at all levels of abstraction and for all system elements. Safety verification, which measures response of systems to undesired/unplanned events, is another critical step. Finally, to be in full compliance, safety engineers must record and report on all functional safety measures.
Built on Proven Incisive Verification Platform
Fulfilling the traceability, safety verification, and TCL requirements of ISO 26262, Cadence’s functional safety solution includes Incisive Functional Safety Simulator and a functional safety regression capability in the Incisive vManager™ solution.
▪ Seamless reuse of functional and mixed-signal verification environments to accelerate the time to develop safety verification
▪ 10X the runtime performance compared to the interpreted Incisive Verifault-XL engine traditionally used in functional safety simulation
▪ Fault identification during elaboration
▪ Reuse of the existing functional verification environment (with support for SystemVerilog, Universal Verification Methodology, and e)
▪ Simulation of the unaltered design under test (DUT)
▪ Support for multiple fault types, including single event upset (SEU), stuck-at-0/stuck-at-1, and single event transient
The functional safety analysis capability in the Incisive vManager solution:
▪ Automatically generates a safety regression from the fault dictionary created by the simulator. The Incisive vManager solution can then track millions of detected, potentially detected, and undetected faults introduced into simulation to verify the safety systems in a design.
▪ Highlights potential and undetected fault runs for further debugging
Cadence will continue to expand its functional safety solution to encompass additional hardware, software, and IP components.
Cadence Design Systems ermöglicht globale Innovationen im Elektronikdesign und spielt bei der Entwicklung von modernsten integrierten Schaltungen und elektronischen Produkten eine entscheidende Rolle. Kunden setzen Cadence Software, Hardware, IP und Services zur Entwicklung und Verifikation von fortschrittlichen Halbleitern, Leiterplatten und Systemlösungen in Verbraucherendgeräten, Netzwerk- und Telekommunikationsanlagen oder Computersystemen ein. Neben dem Hauptsitz im kalifornischen San Jose (USA) verfügt das Unternehmen über Vertriebsniederlassungen Design-Zentren und Forschungseinrichtungen auf der ganzen Welt.