The eCos RTOS and RedBoot bootloader have been used in a wide variety of market segments and products. From high volume consumer appliances where the emphasis is on minimizing licensing costs and hardware resource requirements, to low volume semi-custom designs where simplicity and flexibility are the most important considerations, and everything inbetween.
In the fragmented embedded operating systems market eCos is one of the major players, with global market usage of around 5-6% according to multiple surveys.
If you have developed, or know of a new product that uses eCos or RedBoot, please stop by at our stand, or email us and let us know.
Below is a small selection of eCos based products illustrating the wide
variety of device types, markets and manufacturers that have embraced eCos. We'll have a selection of products on our stand.
Consumer Electronics and Multimedia
* Sony, Playstation 3, next generation games console. eCos is used to provide the Playstation's Wi-Fi support based on the Marvell 88W8580 WLAN chip.
* Samsung, LCD HDTVs, including the "M" and "F" top-of-the-line ranges of 32-70 inch sets.
* Eye-Fi, Eye-Fi wireless SD cards
* Sirius, Satellite Radio Receivers
Networking and Communications
* NETGEAR, WGR614 Ethernet & wireless router, and MR814 cable/dsl wireless router
* Cisco, DPC/EPC2325, DOCSIS Residential Cable Gateway with built-in wireless access point and Ethernet switch.
* CommtechWireless, Fusion Series modular messaging system
* Mikrom, MVD600 H.264/AAC decoder
* NETGEAR, GS108T, GS724TS and GS748TS PROSAFE^® 8, 24 and 48 port gigabit managed smart switches
Industrial and Automotive
* Johnson Controls, York International range of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems, using eCos and RedBoot.
* Fluke, 289 and 287 True-RMS Multimeters. Industrial/electronics logging & graphing multimeters
* Vipa, Speed7 PLC, eCos based process control systems
* Schindler, Schindler 7000 range of high-rise elevators.
* JCI Sabroe, Unisab III, advanced refrigeration systems controller
Office and Information Technology
* Cisco/TANDBERG, a complete range of high definition video conferencing equipment
* Brother International, HL-2400CeN and HL-3400CN, award winning series of colour laser printers
* Epson, colour laser printers.
* Banksys, countertop Xenta and portable Xentissimo electronic banking point of sale terminals. eCos used for communications and security processor.
Satellite and Space-Based Systems
* The Alpha Magnetic Spectrometer, a particle physics instrument flown to the International Space Station on last flight of the space shuttle Endeavour
* IKI-RAS (Space Research Institute-Russian Academy of Sciences), Chibis-M, a mission to study transient plasma-wave processes in the upper atmosphere and transient luminous events such as sprites, jets and other phenomena.
* ESA, SSETI Express
* Trimble, TM3000, a customizable GPS based asset tracking system.
* Thrane & Thrane, shipboard security, navigational and Inmarsat based communication systems Sailor mini-C, features distress alert and messaging, email, fax, GPS position polled reporting and recording.
* Raytheon, Patriot Missile, tactical air defence and anti-ballistic missile system.
* WowWee, Rovio. The company that brought us the Robosapien has now produced the Rovio robot sentry
* Fermilab, Tevtron and International Linear Accelerator
* Sinar, Sinarback eMotion, professional medium format digital camera backs
* Los Alamos National Labs, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory and Russian Federal Nuclear Center, Plutonium Attribute Verification System (AVNG).
* Visible Energy, Energy UFO, home appliance energy usage monitoring, control and scheduling via web/iphone over Ethernet/Powerline connection.
RedBoot Based Products
* Linksys, NAS200 & NSLU2, Network Attached Storage devices with built in media server for streaming
* Axis, wide range of network cameras and video server blade products use RedBoot firmware.
* Thecus, N4100 and N2100 series NAS, home media servers and network attached storage devices.
* Yamaha, RX V2700, RX N600, DSP-N600, HTR-N5060, and DSP-AX2700 7.1 Surround Network Home Theater Receivers.
Leider gibt es für diesen Aussteller kein deutsches Firmenprofil.
eCosCentric specialises in delivering solutions, products and services for the embedded systems market based on open source technology, with a specific focus on the eCos® real-time operating system and qualified middleware.
eCosPro, eCosCentric's robust and commercial grade release of eCos, provides deterministic, real-time performance on micro-controllers from Cortex-M class onwards with a full and easy to use development environment. Typical context switch and interrupt performance times are measured from 260 nanoseconds to a few microseconds on standard products.
Solutions and qualified middleware include:
* eCosPro Developer's Kit - Commercial grade RTOS, tools, support and advice
* eCosPro-mDNS - Bonjour compliant Zero Configuration networking solution
* eCosPro-HostUSB - USB Host stack with hub, mass storage and hot-swap
* eCosPro-DeviceUSB - USB Device stack with network & serial classes
* eCosPro-CAN - Controller Area Network device API and drivers
* eCosPro-SecureSHell - SSH-2 compatible Secure SHell daemon
* eCosPro-SecureSockets - openSSL for eCos
* eCosPro-MMFS - high performance/reliability, streaming file system
* eCosPro-FlashSafe - high integrity flash drivers for low-footprint devices
* eCosPro-PEG - GUI for colour, touch and monochrome displays
* eCosPro-YAFFS - NAND flash file system
* CANopen - CiA standards based CAN protocol stack for industrial automation
* CEE-J - embedded Java virtual machine
* eXtremeDB - embedded in-memory database
* OS Changer - porting aid to migrate existing applications to eCosPro
* Peedi - JTAG debug probes integrated with eCosPro's eClipse-based IDE
* Engineering - architecture and driver porting and optimisation
* Training - onsite courses focusing on the RTOS and development environment
eCosCentric is based in Cambridge-UK and supports customers in Europe and worldwide.
eCosCentric was founded in April 2002 by the eCos group within Red Hat, Inc. with the goal of furthering the technical and commercial development of eCos and RedBoot technologies. This remains the main focus today with eCosCentric now firmly positioned as the world's leading eCos RTOS specialist.
The company provides software development solutions for the embedded systems market. Taken together the products and services provide clients with a total solution for embedded systems software development with eCos.
The company is a stable and reliable partner with a global customer base consisting of OEMs, ODMs, board manufacturers and semiconductor companies. Our customers produce a wide range of eCos-based products for a diverse set of markets including industrial automation, consumer appliances, telematics, communications and networking, and digital imaging.
eCosCentric believes in supporting and working together with the eCos open source community to continue the development, evolution, and growth of eCos. We achieve this through a combination of contributions of eCosCentric designed and developed technology, provision of supporting infrastructure and services to the community, and by direct support of the majority of eCos maintainers through their employment with eCosCentric.